Erbium laser technology was developed in the mid to late 1990s, and represents the ultimate system of development of ablative laser and remains the gold standard in terms of the removal of moles, skin cysts, bumps, lumps and rejuvenation of the face.
The results are amazing because in 95% of cases there is no scars, while the remaining 5% almost have imperceptible scars. The process is very fast and is carried out under a small amount of local anesthetic, and often without. Thanks to this innovative laser, a huge leap forward was achieved from traditional methods to remove moles that followed the seams, frequent bandaging wounds and longer recovery. When removing moles with Erbium laser, the recovery is extremely simple: plaster and ointment for wound!
If you noticed any changes on your skin such as benign moles, warts, xanthelasma, delight or fibroma then you are a candidate for this procedure. As for the moles, benign moles that are above surface of skin, are color of the skin and are without hair are ideal for laser removal. The dark ones with a flat bristles are less preferred for the treatment, because they usually have deeper roots. But also they can be treated by laser, often with a high degree of success and good results. However, there is the greater chance of partial or complete return of moles and the need for additional laser treatment after a specified period. If in doubt, we suggest you visit our dermatologists and surgeons who will advise you what is better for you - laser treatment or surgical removal.
Just before removing skin changes, a small amount of local anesthetic is injected around or below the treated area. This is done with a thin needle, and although local anesthetic can stung, all discomfort is temporary and relatively mild. A local anesthetic will numb a mole or other skin change, and then laser treatment is absolutely painless and without any discomfort.
Laser removal treatment uses focused laser light directed at treated area in order for the water in our skin to be absorbed. This absorbed energy causes the current evaporation of targeted cells. As the laser passes over the skin, it removes nearly 30 to 50 microns of tissue at the same time. This incredible control allows the doctor to precisely remove skin changes. It is important to emphasize that the laser treatment removes skin changes entirely at the microscopic level, and there is no possibility for the treated tissue to be sent to a pathologist for analysis for a definitive diagnosis.
Once you have finished the treatment, be careful not to expose your skin to the ultraviolet radiation of the sun. Take care of the treated area until the color is equal to the color of the rest of the skin. If possible, avoid using serious cosmetics on the skin because it can cause a burning sensation.
Care after the procedure is relatively simple. Clients are recommended to use certain cream everyday on the treated area, while the patch is usually used during the first day and then only at night for the next few days. It takes approximately 5-7 days for recovery of face, while the changes in the body takes a little longer, 10 to 16 days. Recovery is very similar to the healing of scars: in the beginning it looks like a wound, and heels a week after when pink color occurs, and then over the coming months equated with the color of the skin. Make up can be applied to the treated area a week after the procedure. It is very important that the treated area is not exposed to sun first three months.
The development of complications after laser removal of moles is extremely rare. Sometimes the surface of the treated skin may be slightly raised or lowered from the surrounding areas, but it evens out over time. Rubbing and scratching with hands over the treated area leads to inflammation and pus secretion and therefore it it not recommended for touching. Before applying the cream you should comply with the hygiene rules of washing your hands! If the root of the mole is not removed, it can reappear, but this is easily treated by repeating the procedure. It is extremely important to follow the instructions of doctors to reduce complications to minimum.
People who have visited this page have also shown interest in these services: